Friday, August 01, 2008

Lovesick

Loathers of mush, beware! Excessive adoration below:

I am crazy, madly, punch drunk, head over heels, wildly in love with my kids! Sure, I've got postpartum hormones contributing to the teary-eyed, lump-in-my-throat, shout-from-the-rooftops profession of adoration, but the love is real.


CeCe melts my heart with her little baby sweetness. Her tiny perfect fingers and toes, her fragrant head and soft hair, and how overall she is delicate, soft and warm. I love holding her, cuddling her, changing her, nursing her, rocking her, and just looking at her.

Jeep is my amazing toddler. I am in awe of how he changes daily and delighted with the way he communicates, negotiates and reasons. I think he is undeniably handsome and loads of fun and he is still my cuddle-bug and a perfect combo of ornery and angel.

I'll probably need to come back and read this post after a future power-struggle, tantrum or sassy defiance. But even in the face of parenting's challenges, while the mushy thoughts may fade for a moment, loving these two is the easiest thing I've ever done.

1 comment:

capnwatsisname said...

That's great. Definitely don't delete this.