Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Think I Can, I Think I Can...

Gratitude Challenge Day 15: Take the time to focus on yourself. Appreciate & give thanks for your unique personality, skills & talents.



My first thought after reading the assignment was "I can't do this today." It wasn't a Terrible Tuesday like I've had before, but it was a blah day and I've been in a blah mood all day. Can't I be grateful for myself another day?! Well, yes. But I think I'll be stronger if I can push aside the blahs and try, try, try to be a little grateful.

So here goes... here are a few things I appreciate about myself:

I think I'm often funny and I'm grateful for my sense of humor.

My writing skills aren't too bad and I've been especially proud of my Memory Monday posts the last two weeks because I sat down and wrote, edited, and published them both in about 40 minutes each.

I grew (with help from my handsome husband) two babies who have turned out to be adorable kids!

Public speaking is something I enjoy and I think I do it well most of the time.

Friends and family are important to me and I work hard to stay in touch, although I'm less consistent now I am a mom.

When I worked (for money) I was an above-average manager. I certainly made mistakes, but I did a good job of communicating with my team and made affirmation and celebration a priority.

Since I've been at home, I've done a lot more baking and I've had mostly positive results.

And a few more things. That I would certainly cover if I were in a job interview. But I'm not.

I'm grateful for me. And I'm grateful for you. And that is enough.  :)

No comments: