Monday, November 02, 2009

Introducing Memory Monday

I am still participating in the Gratitude Challenge, and I WILL finish it (eventually), I promise. On Saturday I completed the activity for Day Eleven and I'll write about it tomorrow. In the meantime...

I have been itching to start a new blog tradition and write about one of my memories each week.  So I am pleased to introduce "Memory Monday!" To make things even more interesting, I'm choosing a theme for my memory musings. Just to keep (all three of) my readers guessing, I'll write on the theme for an undetermined period of time before, WHAM!, randomly changing it. Yippee, I'm having fun already.



Recently I took Jeep to see the animated movie Ponyo (we LOVED it) and then I read Motherlogue's interview with Sara Backer about her novel American Fuji. As a result, I have had Nihon on the brain and so (drumroll, please) I have selected Japan as my first Memory Monday theme. Stay tuned for exciting stories of karaoke, snow, curry, toilets, salt water, disco, cream puffs and more. But for now, it is time to say oyasumi nasai.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I look forward to a good japanese toilet story. I know that I had a few while there!

Clara Womack Barksdale said...

I wasn't sure if I was one of your three readers (hehe) that you mentioned but I read every post and love that you're blogging more often. I know you're busy and it has to be such a challenge to find time to sit and write but it makes me miss you less when I read your words :)

Liz said...

And I'm curious about salt water. Thanks for the Motherlogue shout-out!

Seattle Sun said...

Sara - Oh yes, I have several! :-D

Clara - Of course you are counted as one of my faithful three - truthfully, on some days I even have as many as ELEVEN readers according to my new friends at Google analytics. Watch out web, I'm smokin' hot! Anyway, I am delighted you are reading... now I'd like to read some of YOUR writing missy. So get on THAT in your spare time, please. :)

Liz - I'm glad I peaked your curiosity. Now you'll be forced to stay tuned. And it is my PLEASURE to shout out to Motherlogue, 'cause your stuff is shout worthy. YEAH.